Laminate flooring is made out of synthetic material mixed with various natural elements to mimic the woodgrain texture. It is a durable man-made product, easy to clean and easy to install..
Laminate flooring is ideally the best alternative to a real wooden floor, a widely accepted flooring option in Europe due to its advantages over most types of floorings since it is durable, easy to install and easy to clean. Due to its man- made properties, it is a cheaper alternative while delivering a modern and authentic wooden texture
Laminate Flooring Formation Process
Laminate flooring is made out of four layers: Resin top layer which makes the floor tough, the joint to connect the flooring to one another, the printed décor (texture) and the HDF core. All these layers are fused together using pressure and heat.
There are two methods which can be used to do the moulding process, Direct Pressure Laminate (DPL) and High Pressure Laminate (HPL).
DPL method uses pressure and heat which is inserted on all four layers at once, creating a strong bond. It is a traditional cost effective method. HPL method require the layers to be handled separately which are bonded to the core by applying heat and pressure. This method is quite modern and is used to create premium flooring.
Why Laminate Flooring?
1. Effective overlay of protection against wear and tear
2. Melamine impregnated decorative film
3. CoreGuard® - Super Water Resistant high density hardwood fiber board (HDF).
4. Balancing film for dimensional stability
5. State-of-the-art interlocking system
6. Waxguard+ - For a quicker installation process and for avoiding creaking noises
7. SilenPro - Optional layer to absorb sound, hence reducing the echo effect.
8. Easy to clean surface
9. Superior stain resistance
10. Superior fade resistance
11. Install in/on all grade levels, even below grade
12. Install over many different types of subfloors
13. Great impact and indentation resistance
14. Exceptional realism at affordable costs
15. Easy to replace later on, if desired